The basic module – “BVS Network Edition” can help with the following questions:
- Which devices are currently in the network?
- Are these devices authorized?
- Which devices in the network are no longer used? (dead woods)
- Which connections are newly established and which devices attempt to communicate? Are these connections signs of malicious behavior of the device?
- Who is the device administrator?
- What services run in the network?
- What other devices will affect the availability of the monitored device?
- What is the communication history (profile) of the given device and changes that were made?
- What is the set of affected devices that communicated with the given IP in the selected time span?
- What are the latest changes to the device (open ports, change of risk, vulnerability, etc.)?
BVS Network Edition use cases:
1. Migration of the ICT infrastructure into cloud
- Asset location (segment, owner, risk)
- Identification of all services and dependencies
- Device communication matrix export
2. Identification of the cyber incident scale
- The organization will receive the information about possible compromise of the information system
- The IP address of the system is listed as the identifier
- BVS visualizes all affected devices in the selected time frame
3. implementation of NAC
- Immediate orientation in the current network environment will allow faster deployment of NAC tools, including AddNet by Novicom